little doodles

Friday, January 06, 2006

THE NEW HOTNESS
So I've decided on a project to work on until I can get my hands on Flash MX and start some cartoons for Weirdsville Troupe. I'm collecting all of my drawings and cartoons that I've done to this point and putting them into a little thing I'm calling, "The Little Doodles Anthology". I'm putting every comic, sketch, etc. that I find worthy into one book and adding comments and backstory on all of them. It's been fun so far and it will help me to put that piece of my artistic life behind me and help me to start on new things. I don't even care if anyone digs it or not. I just want to put it all together in one place so that I know I have an archive of it. I will probably have it all made into a book and have 5-10 made up for my friends and family to have. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. I think it will put me at peace with my creative past and allow me to focus on newer stuff (Which I already said but wanted to emphasize). Here is a small piece of it so far(From Part One):

What you currently hold in your hands is an anthology. The title probably gave that away. It is an anthology of comics and personal reminiscence on said comics. But not just any comics mind you. Comics written and drawn by myself, P****** O. H****** also known in some circles (If two brothers, a sister, my wife, and a few friends can form a circle that is) as Little Doodles. Little Doodles was the name I chose to use for a collection of my comics that I put out in 1995. The comics in question had, for the most part, appeared in a punk/pop culture ‘zine called, “Aunt Ida” that I did for a few years with my Uncle Ant, my cousin Kenny, and my bro Jesse. A ‘zine, for those of you who don’t know, is a self published magazine sold or traded through the mail. They were mostly filled with the creators personal obsessions (Punk, Pez dispensers, sexual fetishes, whatever…)and have been made extinct by the internet. Print is dead! Why bother paying for copies, stamps,envelopes, etc. to gain a limited audience when you can post everything on the web for the whole world to see? I myself still believe in paper. Hence the anthology. Plus, I’m web design retarded or it would probably be a web site!

That's the first paragraph. I'm pretty far into it. It's going very smoothly. Hopefully I'll have it done within two months! That's all for now. I'm going to work on this some more!

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger nixonreed said...

I expect a copy and a free whore to do my every bidding cause my house needs cleaning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home